Time for new hardwood floors? Here’s a handy guide to selecting the best hardwood flooring for your Charleston SC home.
The choice of hardwood flooring is one of the most important decisions a homeowner has to make when undertaking a renovation or a new home build. It is really one of the cornerstones of your home’s overall look and feel. It can make a room feel majestic, classic, vintage, or put off any feeling you really want to convey. For the best in hardwood flooring Charleston SC has to offer, contact Boone Flooring.
Selecting Hardwood Flooring Charleston SC
Selecting a hardwood floor product isn’t simply a matter of choosing a preferred color. You have to think about aesthetics, durability, type of material and many other factors to make sure you are making the right choice. Are you installing floors in a rental? Your main home? You may select different floors for different application.
Here are some factors in selecting your hardwood flooring:
- Engineered Versus Solid Wood – Most flooring contractors will offer you a quote for solid wood flooring versus engineered flooring. Engineered boards are planks made with a thinner top layer of hardwood, bonded to other layers of wood. With engineered products, the board is engineered to restrict the natural movement of the wood. This results in less movement during expansion and contraction from temperature changes.
- Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring – The biggest advantage of luxury vinyl plank flooring is that it is 100% water resistant. This makes it the ideal flooring solution for spaces such as basements, kitchens, bathrooms, and restaurants. It’s also great for pet owners! Anyone who has ever had to deal with moisture affecting hardwood floors can appreciate vinyl plank flooring.
- Prefinished or Unfinished? – You can choose prefinished or site finished floors with Boone Flooring. Prefinished floors take a little less time to install and are less labor intensive and you know exactly what you are getting with your hardwood choice. Site finished floors, flooring contractors have a little bit of freedom, and we have more control over stain and sheen. You’ll be in good hands as long as you hire a reputable hardwood flooring contractor.
- Type of Finish and Color Choice – Color choice and finish can really make your floor stand out and wow your guests. It can make all the difference in the feel of your home and also contributes to the overall style you are going for, so choose wisely.
- Wood Types & Grain Patterns – There’s no good or bad when it comes to wood grain. It’s really just preference and the look you are going for. Ask us about the different grain patterns and wood types available if you are interested in seeing some great options for hardwood flooring.
- Plank Width – Wide plank hardwood flooring is very popular and looks great in many applications. It gives quite a different look and can feel much more luxurious than narrower planks. Choosing the right boards for your space is important and the width can really contribute to the overall style of a room! One thing to note is wider plank flooring is usually more expensive, but well worth it!
Get Started on Your Hardwood Flooring Project
If you are looking for Hardwood Flooring near you, or if you are experiencing flooring issues, it may be time for a consultation from Boone Flooring in Charleston SC. We would love to give you a free estimate for your floor refinishing or installation job in Charleston SC.